Monday, January 15, 2007

Being A Grown-up Sucks

I spent the weekend with some friends out at their bay house. No TV, and 20 minutes away from town.. We finally shot our New Year’s fireworks, drank beer and ate gumbo. We also played our new game, with hilarious results.

I had hoped that I would come back today focused, and ready to move on. That was not to be the case. I need to find a way to move on, but I am having little luck. I thought the fact that I was the one who ended the relationship would make it easier to accept. Boy was I wrong, wrong, wrong.

Breaking off the relationship was probably the single most grown-up thing I have ever done in my life. It was the right thing to do for the right reasons. Yet, I am miserable. I want to call her. I want to at least leave her a message to re-assure her that I do love her, and I don’t want anyone else. It has taken a supreme act of will to not call.

No comments: