Thursday, October 18, 2007

Must.. Read... These .... Books....

So many books, so little time part two....



OMFFSM!!!!!

Brave Sir Robin has spent the last few months voraciously reading (in some cases re-reading) the classics. (That however, is another post)

I am ready for something a little more ... shall we say.... fun? Something to read for the story and plot alone? Just because I like to read?

Imagine my excitement this morning when perusing the comments over at Tart's Place to see Minstrel Boy point this out.

So of course, a trip to "The city" is in order, as my little village (pop. 12,000 - more or less), doesn't have a book store. We do however, have 11 Mexican restaurants. (But that's another post)

AND THEN.......

I saw this.

Unbelievable. Pillars Of The Earth is in my top ten of all time. I am Jones-ing to leave work early just to go to the book store!!!!!!

Any new releases have you excited?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Shimoda's Dream. Since you liked the cotton harvesting post, you might enjoy some of the older one with tags of childhood daze or summer stories. I'll be reading yours, too.

Brave Sir Robin said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I'll definitely be reading your older posts. I just found your place today.

It's funny what can bring back a memory. I hadn't thought about those old cotton wagons in years.

Hmm, might make a post about those myself....

GourmetGoddess said...

I am waiting with bated breath for A Dance of Dragons, the next novel in Geroge R R Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. But he takes forever between books - not Jean Auel forever, but pretty damn close. Makes me want to go over to his house and poke him with a cattle prod until he gets the damn thing done!

Brave Sir Robin said...

am waiting with bated breath for A Dance of Dragons, the next novel in Geroge R R Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series.

Hell Yes!!!!!

As for Jean Auel, Shelters of Stone was such a disappointment, I haven't even thought about her.

Do You read the Wheel Of Time series? Jordan died about a month ago, but he supposedly told his family on his death bed how it was supposed to end.

GourmetGoddess said...

Shelters of Stone was crap. Such a let down. I am sure it had huge sales, because everyone has been waiting for umpteen years, but the next won't do as well.

I haven't read any Wheel of Time. Hopefully, he did tell them how it will end and it won't get carried on forever by an offspring, ala Dune.