Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Unfortunate Update

Where do I begin?

I knew better, I knew who she was, I knew how it would end, but I foolishly hoped otherwise.

I had no reason to believe it would end otherwise except her word and my hope. In the end, neither was enough to stem the inevitable.

The kids are good, cross-country season and football season keep us very busy.

We have straight A’s (even in French!), we have cross country medals and only one defeat in football. It is still way too damn hot, even this late in the year and my friends still love me.

I must remember that whether or not I have a girlfriend, fiancé or wife has nothing to do with what kind of person I am, what kind of Father I am, or my worth as a human being.

It’s just hard some days. Loneliness is a bitter, bitter pill.

Thank you all for taking the edge off of that loneliness.

It’s good to be back. I will be updating regularly again.

I’ve missed you all.

bsr

6 comments:

Anne said...

Welcome back, good sir. Pleased to have you with us again, but I wish it weren't under these circumstances. Big hugs to you.

somewaterytart said...

I'm so sorry, Ken. But I'm glad your kids rock at school.

The Red Queen said...

Sucks about the girlfriend, but it's about time. You were missed. And yay for the kids. Mine is getting an A in Spanish (we are not talking about the rest of his grades- I've vowed to be zen mommy this year and freak out over nothing)

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the fray, good sir. You were missed.

Brave Sir Robin said...

Thank You for the nice comments, I have missed you guys, and it is good to be back.

celticfeminist said...

I'm so sorry, Ken. But, selfishly, I'm glad you're back. And *confetti* for the kids rocking the house at school! *hugs*