Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Had a Nice Weekend . . .

And since it looks like I may not get another one anytime soon. . . .

Here are some photos, and as always, they may be clicked to embiggen . . . . . . .

My friends Fred and Christine came to visit. I go see them quite a bit. Whenever I say I spent the weekend in Houston, I was most likely at their house. They don't often come down here. They have quite a few relatives in the area. It's difficult for them to come down here and spend time at my house without upsetting a relative or two. Those of you who are married can probably appreciate what I'm talking about. So, we slipped away to D&L's Bay House, AKA Rancho Gordo. It's only about 20 minutes away, but it feels like it's hours away. . . . . . .




Fred and Christine are like most of us, they work, work, work and often spend the weekend catching up on housework. They enjoyed the opportunity to relax.


Mostly we sat on the porch and listened to music. This is the view from the porch.


We grilled some chicken and veggies, but since it was a bit of a vacation, there's always a little room on the grill for some pork sausages, right?


I didn't take all of the pictures, Dylan took this one. You can see me there in the Shiner shirt, showing my best side.


It was a little cloudy for the most part, but it cleared up just in time for sunset.


We picked dewberries. Dewberries are tasty, but you must be careful and patient to pick them, they are always deep in the thicket.


Of course, this is what your hands will look like when you're done.


Like I said, it was a nice weekend.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like fun. Hope you didn't get chiggers from the berry picking.

Brave Sir Robin said...

No, no chiggers this time, but chiggers do seem to love dewberry patches, don't they?

GourmetGoddess said...

Have you ever had salmonberries?

When I was in Alaska with my mom, I hiked into the mountains and ate a bunch... they were sooooooo good. Very sweet tart......

Brave Sir Robin said...

Hmmmm, I've never even heard of Salmonberries, but I just put them on my list.

You OK?

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Trin20k said...

Looks like a great weekend! Glad you had a good time.

TBM said...

Really great pics--it looks like you had a fabulous time. Mmmm, grilled sausages and beer!

Bee said...

I was trying to make out Fred's cap . . . "baseball cap," "gimme cap" . . . whatever you call it, it reminds me of Texas.

I like the serenity of that last shot. At least May evenings still cool down a bit.

Will ya'll be BBQing on Memorial Day?

Brave Sir Robin said...

BBQ on Memorial Day? Pretty sure we will. Something like that anyway, last year we went to Mexico for a couple of days, this year? Heck I might even be working.

:(

Anne said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Hope you're able to take some more time off soon...

Secrets Of The Life said...

Appreciate this blogg post