Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yes, I Did Relax!!

Thank You all for the well wishes on my birthday.

Here's the update on the weekend.

Friday, my actual birthday, we were supposed to go to the bay house and spend the weekend. Myself and the kids, David, Lisa, T, and T's daughter Nicole were going enjoy the weekend.

As you know, I worked until 7:00 Friday, so I just came home, took a brief walk and played a game with the boys.

Saturday, I went into the office at 6:00 AM. I worked until 2:00, then the boys and I went out to the bay house.

The weather was perfect!! For this late into the year, it was divine!! Very little wind, (relatively) low humidity, and the bay was as smooth as glass. We spent the night out there and the boys and I got up very early to come home. I fed the boys breakfast and made it into the office early. I have many, many errands to run later this evening, so I will probably leave work about 4:00 or so.

Even though the party was cut short, it was amazingly relaxing. I'm sorry to report I don't have photos of the most amazing part of the evening. Fairly late in the day, I took T out on the boat one more time before sunset. We were joined by three pair of porpoises, and they played with us and swam along side the boat for about an hour. It was so incredibly cool! They would swim along side, then duck under the boat and pop up either behind us or on the other side. If I couldn't find them, one would come back and get us while the others waited. We played this out all the way up and down the bay for about an hour. I know my words are completely inadequate to relate this to you. They were having as much fun with us, as we were with them, I'm sure of it. The weather was perfect, the water was as clear and calm as it will ever get around here, and we had 6 porpoises playing tag with us! I highly recommend that for stress and anxiety relief. Really, you should try it. I'm am scared to bring my camera out in the boat, so sorry, no pictures of that, but I do have a few photos to share.

A note about my pictures, I am still learning how to use my camera. Almost all of the photos I post here are untouched because I don't have time to sit down and work on them. Most of them would be greatly improved by being cropped and tweaked. I hope to start doing more of that this summer. Work will eventually slow down, and summer brings a rest from a lot of the school functions that keep me so busy. I like to look at great pictures taken by bloggers, and this site has been giving me some inspiration. So, with that in mind, here are the pictures:


With college classes out for the summer, I got to see a few people I don't see much of during the school year, and yes, that's Marv in the middle.



Dave and I pretty much ruled at the domino table. There is no truth to the rumor that they let me win because it was my birthday. Don't believe a word of it.



There were Mothers and daughters.


There was kayaking on the still bay waters.





Here I am, explaining the proper technique for staying on the tube at high speeds.


T enjoyed the Porpoises immensely.


As I said, the day was fairly short, but there was a lot of fun, love, and relaxation crammed into a few hours. I was surrounded by people who love me, the weather was perfect, and we got to baby-sit the sweetest baby in the world!! He deserves his own post, so I'll tease you with only one picture. It was a fabulous way to spend my birthday, and even though I'm at work today and have a crazy busy evening ahead of me, I am rested, relaxed and content. I wish all of you could have been there with me. Oh, and the sunset was spectacular!!


Going . . .



Going . . .


Gone.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

16 comments:

splord said...

I'm so glad you had a good celebration, my phriend!

Brave Sir Robin said...

Thanks Bob! Wish you could have been there.

Bee said...

I love the porpoise story . . . man and nature in harmony.

There is something so soothing about a sunset (and even a sunset picture).

I'm glad that you were feeling the love on your birthday weekend. Best wishes for the upcoming year.

Brave Sir Robin said...

Thank you Bee, here's to a year full of love and friendship.

Robin said...

What an amazing present from the porpoises!

Keep up the work on the photography! Those sunset photos are fantastic.

TBM said...

I love your story about the porpoises--that must have been amazing! A perfect gift from mother nature for your birthday :-)

Your family pics (all that fabulous curly hair!) and sunset photos are divine. Can't wait to see what you come up with when you DO have time!

And thank you for the nice words and link! {blush}

celticfeminist said...

Yay!! So happy you had a good birthday weekend - and it was much deserved. Woot!

*confetti*

Anne said...

What a wonderful weekend at the bay house! And I'm so envious of your porpoise experience. Glad you were able to get away from work and enjoy some of your birthday weekend.

Eliza said...

Happy birthday, a tad tardy.

Sounds as though it was the best possible way to spend it.

Brave Sir Robin said...

Thanks Elizabeth!

Nice to see you here.

Steve said...

Sounds like a swell time. I'll have to look for some porpoises on my next birthday but I don't think the Chesapeake Bay is their natural habitat

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday fellow 16th of May person!

For your gift, I'm tagging you with a Splotchy blog. Check the Island of Misphit Bloggers.

Eliza said...

Nice to be here.

I always enjoy the family & friends stuff on your site. I miss the Texas coast, and your blog is a nice touch of home.

Anonymous said...

so good to hear you had a great time!

RE techniques for staying on the tube:

i used to wedge myself into it, backward w/ my shins against the inside. the driver could not shake me, even if the tube flipped over. you are at a disadvantage b/c you can't see, but seriously, you can't be thrown out, even if you let go.

or you lose part of a bikini, which, a word of advice, one should not tube in a bikini.

that is all.

and {{{BSR}}}

glad you had a happy birthday!

terese zesch said...

p.s. his description of the porpi (ok so it's wrong but i like it) is wonderful!!!! and even with that great detail it still doesn't do it justice. one of the finest days i've ever had. only sorry my mary missed this. aaahhh, tis the nature of love and life i suppose.

thank you ken! thank you thank you, a million thank yous!!!!

SaoirseDaily2 said...

You are so right, Roseann needed to go! She just wasn't cutting it. Jenn's mouth will get her in trouble.

I will have to find that movie you mentioned. His movies are all so awesome. So many great old movies - so little time.

Tonight we find out who will win on American Idol. It has been a great season. I like both so I don't have a preference of who wins. They both deserve it.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.