Sunday, December 16, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy . . .


Addios Andrew!!


Friday afternoon was dark time again.

I don't know what triggered it, except maybe the holiday's fast approach. I know I'm staring at a week or so without the kids, and I'll have time to sit and miss her, I guess. Anyway, as I'm pretty much reeling with that, I see her pull up next to me at a light. Thankfully, the light changed almost immediately, and we didn't lock eyes.

The boys had their first performance of their Christmas play that night, so I trudged through it. It actually helped, and I didn't have time to dwell on it.

Saturday morning, I got up early and went to do the shopping for my holiday baking. I ran by D&L's house to drop off something for Andrew's going away party. As I was leaving there, heading back to my house, guess who?

About three block away from D&L's she was getting into her car at the house of some mutual friends. We locked eyes. She looked hurt. I would much rather her have looked angry or indifferent.

Fuck.

Sheer force of will made me get on with my tasks.

One of which was attending and photographing Andrew's going away party. The party itself deserves an entire post. Let me just say this. There are a coupe of reasons you don't see many pictures of me on this site.

One - I'm usually behind the camera.

Two - When I actually make it in front of the camera, alcohol and silliness are often involved.
Brave Sir Robin, donning the dreaded "China Glasses"
. . . . Details coming to a future post, stay tuned . .


Bottom line, I'm doing a lot better today.

Repeating the mantra seems to help.

4 comments:

GourmetGoddess said...

Dude, come visit me for the holidays. I am hanging out solo in the cold Great lakes....

The Red Queen said...

Kid and I are stuck home and away from fam this year- you could do a grand tour of the great norther states!

But the China glasses should probably stay in Texas.

GourmetGoddess said...

Seriously, we will all get together. I am doing a Big Love Season 2 marathon....

Anne said...

Glad to hear you're doing better today! Two steps forward, one step back, and onward. Hang in there!