Monday, December 31, 2007

It's a Blogaversary!!

It's been one whole year since this little site came on line. One year ago, Brave Sir Robin signed on. I was hoping to vent a little, to share my opinion, to pass on news, both good and not so good. Also, I was hoping to give myself a little focus and direction after breaking things off with Rene'.

I'm not sure how successful I was. Certainly, 2007 was a mixed bag for me. I went through several periods of pretty deep depression, I went back to her twice, (with the same results each time), and I made some great friends here in my little corner of the tubes.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't been missing her a lot over the holidays, but I managed to stay pretty busy, which most certainly helps. Being busy is of course, it's own mixed bag. I go back to work on the 2nd, and I'm pretty sure I will be exhausted and my house will be filthy.

Too bad.

It is a sign that I have grown a bit in that a messy house no longer freaks me out the way it once did. My kids are healthy, they are very happy, they are all four making excellent grades.

I don't really make New Years Resolutions, but I do have some general goals for myself and this site that I'd like to share with you.

I want to be more grateful for what I have this year. As I've told you before, I tend to be a glass half empty type. I really want to try to focus on being more aware of the full half of the glass.

I want to post more consistently. I can't imagine I will ever be able to post every day, but I want to stop being afraid of posting when the dark time comes. Forcing myself to act during those times is the best thing for making it go away.

I want to continue to value myself more. I do deserve better than Rene'. I didn't believe that at all this time last year. I do believe it now, but I need to be reminded from time to time. I hope to move on.

Happy New Year to all of you.

You will never know the difference you have made in my life.

Thanks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy blogoversary!

Robin said...

Glad to help. Happy New Year and Blogoversary!

splord said...

Happy Blogoversary + one!

It's a good idea to focus on the full part of the glass. After all, that's the part that has the beer!

Glad to know ya, and I look forward to more posts!

Anne said...

The happiest of blogversaries and new years to you, BSR! Your resolutions mirror some of my own. Here's to the half of the glass with the beer!

The Red Queen said...

Happy Blog-Day to you
Happy Blog-Day to you
You have 4 lovely monkeys
and a house like a zoo.

somewaterytart said...

Happy blagaversity. Keep writing, keep writing.