Friday, December 14, 2007

Well, I Do Live in Texas . . . .

Do you have a favorite Christmas song?

Red Queen had a post about her favorite ones and I started thinking that Christmas was only 11 days away and I haven't heard hardly any Christmas songs yet. As I don't really listen to regular radio, I guess that's not such a big surprise.

To me, it's not Christmas until I hear (in no particular order . . .)

Merry Christmas Baby - Bruce Springsteen

Please Come Home For Christmas - the Eagles

Father Christmas - The Kinks

And my favorite Christmas song? . . . .





Maybe this week I'll listen to some Holiday music. Maybe then I won't be such a humbug.

Tonight is the boy's Christmas play at church. (They still go) Rumor has it their Mother will be in town for the event.

That is never good for Brave Sir Robin.

Merry War on Christmas!

h/t to Red Queen and Phydeaux, without whom this post could not have been shamelessly stolen.

8 comments:

The Red Queen said...

Shameless post stealer!

No one has mentioned Santa Baby yet (well Wonder did on the phone but it doesn't count till it's in comments)

Brave Sir Robin said...

The original version is still my favorite. (Santa Baby)

歐陽丹 said...

SANTA BABY! i actually kinda like that one...but it doesn't have the same effect as 'mele kelikimak'...

splord said...

I like the Robert Earl vid you found better than the one I posted.

Steal on, brother!

Brave Sir Robin said...

Yeah, that's a nice video.

(and a little close to home for some of us . . . )

Anne said...

Favorite Christmas song or favorite Christmas carol?

For the former: rather unexpectedly, I adore the version of "All I want for Christmas" that Joanna, little Sam's object of affection, sings in Love Actually.

As for the latter, definitely "O Holy Night", although I have yet to find a favorite recording. "O Come All Ye Faithful" is also high on the list.

Brave Sir Robin said...

I always like "We Three Kings"

The Red Queen said...

Anne- I love All I want for Christmas from Love Actually too. It may be one of my favorite Christmas movies.