Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Err, WTF????

Ok, I thought I’d seen it all. I have become jaded and cynical when it comes to this administration and it’s “support the troops” rhetoric. I really didn’t think I could be shocked anymore, and certainly not surprised by anything that the Pentagon, and by extension this administration could pull.

I was wrong.

The military is demanding soldiers injured in service repay signing bonuses because they cannot complete their commitments.

What.

The.

Fuck?

Let me get this straight. If a soldier loses an eye, or an arm, or a leg and gets sent home they have to pay back any bonus they received for volunteering?


I don’t believe in hell, but I hope it exist so these fuckers can burn in it.

5 comments:

The Red Queen said...

There is a special spot in the hell I don't believe in for this administration. I am thinking that this hell will involve them all having to live under the circumstances they have created.

Brave Sir Robin said...

How are you doing?

Meds better?

The Red Queen said...

Much better.

How are you doing?

Brave Sir Robin said...

I'm very glad your doing better.

Me?

Well, better and then I saw her again today. It is impossible to not see her in this town. It didn't screw me up as badly as last time, but if she showed up in the middle of the night, I would probably welcome her and then hate myself in the morning.

My folks are coming in this weekend and the prep for that is helping.

One crisis at a time you know.

The Red Queen said...

What helped me was good friends, vodka tonics and a couple of wild flings with boys who are still close friends (several of whom will be here for Carb Fest 07).

The one true thing is that nothing lasts forever- even mushy romantic feelings. You just have to figure out how to get through them.