Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Goodbye Riley Ann



I have nothing snarky to say. I'm sitting here at my computer at 6:15 in the morning with tears streaming down my face.

I just read the police account of Riley Ann Sawyers death. This is a local story that has garnered some national attention.

On October 29th, a plastic storage container was found washed up on Galveston Island with the body of a two year old little girl. Her skull had been fractured, and she had other injuries as well. Local police were calling her "Baby Grace"

I won't go into the account of her death, it's all here.

The killers were her mother and step father. A full confession has been given.

How?

Why?

I look at this picture and I can see my own daughter at that age in that face. Who could do this? Who?

I wasn't going to rant, but let me say this:

All you fuckers out there who claim to be "Pro-Family", yet don't want gays to marry or adopt ask yourselves this -

Would little Riley-Ann have been better off in a loving home with two fathers who cherished her? Or two loving mothers?

Damn, this is not a good way to start the day.

For you Riley Ann:

4 comments:

Anne said...

So sad. It boggles my mind that anyone could do that sort of thing--to their child, their spouse, their pet, whomever. I just don't get it.

Brave Sir Robin said...

I've more or less stayed away from my site today, because every time I see that picture at the top of this post, I start tearing up again.

I just can't fathom, in any kin of bizzaro scenario this kind of sickness.

Again, I hope there is a hell.

Jennifer said...

I avoided even clicking on the link until today.

Chills.

How can people be so damaged?

qemuel said...

Terrible, just terrible.