Sunday, May 6, 2007

How Can This Happen?

I am so blinded by rage at this article that this post probably won’t even make sense.

As I have mentioned before. I am a single father. The minefield that is post-divorce child-rearing, visitation, dealing with the ex is my daily fare. I live in constant fear that the slightest accident or misstep will mean another trip to family court and the kids going to their mother. The logical part of my brain knows this is highly unlikely, but the fear is so deep rooted that it is impossible to dispel.


Then this.

Deployed soldiers are losing custody of their children while they are gone fighting the war. I just really can’t write anymore about this. Go read it, and get pissed off.

1 comment:

celticfeminist said...

I can't even imagine the hell that would be. I ... mean. I don't have any words. I'm not a parent, so I can't directly empathize with the situation these soldiers are facing, but this seems to go along with the general idea that often the idea of supporting the troops seems more like screwing them over.

Grumble.