Friday, May 4, 2007

I'm Houston Proud


I lived in Houston for about 9 years in the 80’s and early 90’s. I still go there between once and 10 times a month, depending on various factors.

I like Houston. It is not as aesthetically pleasing as say, San Francisco, or Vancouver, but it has quite a bit of beauty, if you know where to look. It doesn’t get the press that Dallas gets, but having spent a lot of time in each city, I can tell you it is friendlier, has better freeways, and YES, the arts scene is much, much better in Houston.

Still, Houston doesn’t get much repect as big cities go. It is the fourth largest city in America, but rarely gets much good press.

All that being said, I was very pleased to see this excellent little article on traveling to Houston on National Geographic’s website.

Peruse it, enjoy it, and don’t believe all the bad press, weather aside, Houston is a great city, and getting better all the time.

No comments: